Help develop the toss for the overhead serve.
• Right handed players, stand with left foot slightly forward.
• Hold the ball in the left hand and extend the arm straight out from the body at a ninety degree angle. (Left handed players, will do the exact opposite).
• With a firm wrist, arm toss the ball 18 inches high but let it fall to the ground.
• The ball should fall to the spot on the floor just inside of the lead foot and in line with the hitting shoulder.
• The toss is crucial to a successful serve because an improperly tossed ball will cause a poor arm angle resulting in a bad serve.
• Remember when serving on a bad toss you should let the ball fall to the ground, and then attempt again.