Works on getting the setter to see what is happening on the other side of the net.
• Set-up a player in the back-row, a setter and hitter in the front row and the coach on the other side of the net.
• The player tosses the ball to the setter. During the toss the coach holds up either rock, paper or scissors.
• The setter must look at the call and say what the coach is holding before setting the ball. Setter sets the ball to the hitter.
• Repeat desired number of time.
• Have setter transition from back row during a toss, you should make the toss higher.
• Coach can vary where the hand signal is being made, the closer to the setter the harder it will be.