To work on closing the hole between blockers.
• Need a setter and hitters in a hitting line with two blockers on the other side of the net.
• The coach tosses balls to the setter which the setter sets to an outside hitter. The hitter must try to hit between the blockers every time they hit.
• Any balls that are blocked into the other court count as a point. If player get 5 points rotate.
• At first, the middle and outside blocker can start the drill by standing next to one another, so timing is less of an issue.
• After the blockers become comfortable, have the middle blocker come from the middle, like they would in a game. This will make sealing the hole much more difficult.
• This volleyball drill can also be done with 3 blockers, so the middle has to choose which way to go. First, start with high sets to the outside and high sets back, then gradually have the sets be more game like.