Practice getting middles to identifying if there are one or two blockers and then making the appropriate decision.
1. Coach initiates drill with a free ball to one side to the libero player in base.
2. Middle hitter transitions off the net.
3. Libero plays to setter.
4. Setter sets the middle.
5. Left front player on the other side may either double block or rotate off to play defense.
6. If the LF player double blocks the middle hitter must tip short right.
7. If the LF player does not block the middle must swing away.
8. Alternate sides with a free ball.
9. In order to score the team must dig a ball and then put it away.